Stakeholders are interviewed to gain a full understanding of:
- Client’s business and the environment in which it operates
- Products, services and processes by which they are produced
- Commodity and corporate branding strategies
- Corporate goals and how they can be supported by the website and/or digital campaign
- Target audiences
All the information gleaned from the Discovery phase of the process is compiled in the form of consumer insights, user goals, content requirements and business requirements for the website and/or digital campaign. Personas are created for each target audience and scenarios are developed to show how these personas will interact with the website or touch points of the digital campaign.
A strategic vision for the final product is created. The strategic vision includes brand positioning and messaging. A plan is created to bring the vision to life. The plan includes specific timelines, resource needs and work streams required to complete the implementation of the website and/or digital campaign.
In this phase a mock up or prototype of the website and/or digital campaign is created. The prototype provides enough detail to show off the most important functions and the key elements of the project. A prototype must be approved by the client before the project can move forward. Key steps in this phase include:
- Developing creative concepts trying lots of ideas and throwing out what doesn't work while keeping what does work.
- Testing concepts with target audiences being inclusive of those who are known to be negative.
- Touching base with the client and moving forward with elements the client embraces.
- Concepts are polished. They reflect a detailed understanding of the target audience. They make an impact.
Implementation takes the website and/or digital campaign from a concept/prototype to a full program that goes live. A timeline and a project plan are created to guide this process. Implementation may include a complex array of workstreams, tracks and activities, which can include interaction design, visual design, technology development, content and asset development and social media management. Specific tasks include building the website or application, creating content, producing video, banners or other campaign assets, media buying and creating social media campaigns.